Why is microchipping pets important?
Microchipping pets is the single most effective way of identifying them should they be parted from you. We provide cost effective microchipping for pets in Wordsley, Stourbridge, Brierley Hill and surrounding areas.
Microchipping your pets is very straightforward
Nearly a thousand pets go missing every day in the UK. Here at Powis & Partners we use Tracer Advance microchips. Each Tracer microchip is slightly larger than a grain of rice. Implanting a microchip is a straightforward procedure, just like an injection. The vet will locate the microchip in a standard position using a sterile pre loaded implanter. The location is in the loose skin of the neck. Each tracer microchip has a unique code which is linked to the national 24 hour Petlog database.
The database contains your name, address and phone numbers. If your pet is found away from home, most vets, animal shelters and local authorities will have a scanner to read the microchip and retrieve your pet’s details. Your pet can then be returned to you safe and sound.
Choosing Tracer Advance Microchips provides a host of unique benefits:
- Lifetime registration with the Petlog database, available 24 hours a day, 365 days a year.
- A high quality microchip from the UK’s No.1 choice for microchipping.
- High quality wallet to store registration paperwork and an information card with all relevant contact details for Petlog.
- Options to upgrade to Petlog Premium, with a host of additional benefits.
- Total peace of mind that your pet has the best possible chance of being returned to you should it go missing.
- Pet insurance, like microchipping, is an important part of responsible pet ownership and gives you even more peace of mind for your pet. That’s why Tracer microchips come with 4 weeks free Petplan Insurance for eligible pets.
Many pets go missing in the Wordsley, Stourbridge and Brierley Hill areas
As a veterinary practice we have many animals bought into us from the Wordsley, Stourbridge and Brierley Hill areas and sadly, more are not microchipped than are. This means that often, we do not find their owners and they are moved on to rescue shelters or rehomed. However, if they are microchipped, they are usually reunited with their owners within a few hours.
The cost of microchipping you pet is £14.84
This is still a small price to pay for the peace of mind that if your pet is parted from you, he will be quickly reunited with you.